As you can tell from my Instagram I am literally obsessed with white marble and lately I have been needing some sort of white background to use for flat lays so I thought instead of spending loads of money buying a white marble board why don’t I just make one myself! This DIY was so simple to do and only cost me under €10 which is a complete bargain. I was so happy with how it turned out!
WHAT YOU NEED
Marble contact paper: I got this entire roll of marble contact paper from Amazon and the dimensions are 45cm x 2m.
Wooden board: Luckily enough I didn’t have to go and buy a wooden board as I used a wooden board from my old wardrobe which I took down when renovating my room last month. However, you can purchase a similar board from any homeware store.
Scissors: Just for some simple cutting.
1. Place the wooden board onto an even surface and roll out enough of your contact paper to cover the entire board. Allow an inch or two extra to hang over the edges as this will be wrapped under the board later.
2. Using your scissors carefully cut your sheet of contact paper. There is a ruler grid on the back of the paper if you’re dead set on having a straight line but I just went ahead and cut whichever way because it’s just going to be folded under and out of sight at the end anyway.
3. Line up the contact paper so it is centered on the board and peel the vinyl from the backing. I started from the right hand corner and just used my hand to smooth down the contact paper onto the wooden board making sure there were no bubbles and it was all smooth.
4. Continued to stick down the vinyl onto the board until the entire board was covered while allowing the extra bit to hang off the edges.
5. Cut each of the corners of the paper to the corner of the board. Try to get as closely as you can to the board.
6. After cutting the corners, I stuck the contact paper to the sides of the board. The contact paper then folded under nicely and lined up perfectly leaving clean corners!
And you’re done! Six easy steps on how to make a marble board for Instagram and home decor.